Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting
Job no: 496873
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure;
- Able to independently handle full set of accounting;
- Lead a small team to support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the Company and group reporting;
- Implement recommendations from internal audit;
- Handle and coordinate with various parties on system implementation and procedures improvement;
- Liaise with auditors, tax representatives and professionals regarding audit, tax and other relevant matters;
- Support ad hoc projects when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- Member of the HKICPA or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a listed Hong Kong or multinational corporation, with at least 2 years supervisory experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Candidates from Big Four are welcome.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Independent and passionate self-starter;
- Experience in the aviation, hospitality, logistics and/or consumer goods industries is an advantage.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend