Officer, Public Relations and Communications
Job no: 496831
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Customer & Brand
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Handle enquiries and interview requests from Hong Kong, GBA and overseas media on a daily basis
- Proactively reach out to media for sponsoring individual trips and/ or media fam trips
- Assist in developing press releases, editorial and translation work
- Provide support on execution of PR & sustainability initiatives, as well as publicity projects in locally and regionally
- Liaise and coordinate with third parties including service providers, PR agencies, news monitoring agency and partners
- Provide onsite support and logistics coordination for execution of PR and CSR events
- Liaise and coordinate sponsorship requests and provide logistics arrangement
- Build and maintain media and KOL database and mailing lists, assist in mailshots where necessary
- Monitor media coverage and social posts generated and prepare clipping reports
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on CSR related projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree holder or above in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Language related disciplines
- Minimum 1 year’s solid experience, preferably in communications from aviation or travel / tourism sectors
- Excellent command of English and Chinese – Cantonese and Mandarin (both spoken and written)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Chinese Word Processing
- Experience in GBA / sustainability is preferred
- Creative and versatile, proactive and independent, strong communications and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to details and good logistic planning
- Ability to meet tight deadline and work under pressure
- Strong administrative skills
- Independent with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Interest in the aviation and travel / tourism industry
- Willing to travel to Chinese Mainland and overseas
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in our premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend