Manager, Public Relations
Job no: 497417
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Department: Customer & Brand
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Work closely with the Head of PR to formulate effective PR strategies across the region to achieve Company’s brand propositions and sales goals;
- Maintain a strong understanding of the diverse media landscape and consumer behaviour of Hong Kong, Chinese mainland, and regional markets. Monitor media volume and consumer sentiments to help the team stay on top of trends and news matters;
- Manage the overall planning and execution of media relations activities such as press conference, briefings, interviews, roundtables, etc. Manage media inquiries;
- Build strong relations with media and other key stakeholders in Hong Kong, Chinese mainland, and regional markets for building top-of-mind brand awareness, maximizing brand exposure and driving positive corporate & leadership stories;
- Support in planning and execution of corporate events, executive communications, and stakeholder engagement activities;
- CSR & Sustainability: Manage Company’s CSR campaigns and communicate Company’s sustainability efforts;
- Support issues & crisis communications;
- Support in preparing PR collaterals;
- Manage and coordinate content of our Company website;
- Perform any ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Head of PR.
- Work closely with Marketing and Brand team on overseeing consumer PR communications.
- Assist in the yearly and project budget plans and expense review;
- Negotiate contracts, media partnerships, service agreements with venues, third-party vendors, talent production companies, influencers/KOLs, PR agencies, and other as they arise;
- Follow all financial policy compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications/Journalism, or related disciplines;
- Minimum 6 years of PR agency or in-house PR experience, with 2 years at supervisory position;
- Experience working in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment;
- Well-versed in diverse media, social and influencers landscape, consumer behaviour and market trends;
- Strong acumen in media relations, experienced in media and KOL engagement is a strong plus;
- Solid experience in strategic planning and supervision on projects
- Excellent command of English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin);
- Interest in the aviation and travel/tourism industry;
- Experience working as a reporter or journalist or in corporate communication or media relations for a large organization is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, culturally sensitive; able to work as team effectively, and influence others, internally and externally, for positive result;
- Strategic thinker with good organizational skills, strong attention to details and ability to set objectives, prioritize, critically assess issues, and deliver within given deadlines and resources;
- Ability to meet tight deadline and work under pressure;
- Highly proactive and creative, always search for innovating big ideas;
- Wiling to travel and work after office hours (Appointed candidate may be required to work outside normal office hours)
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend