Officer, Operations Control
Job no: 497125
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Flight Operations
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Perform flight planning duties and support operational control of flight in accordance with company policies, standard and procedures;
- Dispatch company’s flights by electronic flight planning system;
- Ensure Operational Flight Plans are prepared in accordance with company policies, standards and procedures;
- Ensure relevant aircraft performance limitations, airport and ATC restrictions, RAIM prediction, weather and NOTAM advisories are available and considered for pre-flight preparation;
- Ensure EDTO flight planning and support services are delivered with legal requirements;
- Liaise with relevant authorities and Air Traffic Services Units / Centers for flight plan submission and filing;
- Ensure flight plan and subsequent changes are filed before dissemination to flight crew;
- Support Commander for operations control decisions in all phases of flight by timely provision of latest information that may affect the safety of flight;
- Recommend alternative flight planning solutions to optimize allowable payload within regulatory requirements;
- Ensure flight dispatch document packages and crew CIQ documents are prepared in a timely, orderly and professional manner;
- Deliver flight dispatch document package and materials to the aircraft as and when necessary;
- Handle crew queries and provide feedback;
- Ensure Estimated Off-Block Time are captured accurately and Target Off-Block Time is updated timely within predefined time frames (milestones) in the Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) system;
- Monitor emails, ACARS downlinks, telexes and all FOCC communication mediums and advise DMFOCC of issues that may affect flight operations and schedule;
- Contribute to FOCC decision making process;
- Arrange overflight clearance and operating permissions with relevant authorities for ad-hoc flight reroutings and reschedules;
- Ensure automated aircraft position feeds from airborne company aircrafts are received and captured in the electronic aircraft tracking system;
- Initiate necessary actions to obtain aircraft tracking information when it is unavailable and notify Hong Kong ATC Duty Manager if attempts to establish communication are unsuccessful;
- Communicate with flight crew in events of significant deviationfrom flight planned routes to ensure safe operations of the flight;
- Assist DMFOCC in activation of crisis, safety and security response procedures;
- Compile management reports;
- Maintain own competence in the role of Duty Officer, Operations Control (DOFOCC);
- Provide support to departmental/section/team projects as assigned;
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned by superiors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Secondary educated and met the English language proficiency requirements of: ‘Level 3’ or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or; ‘Grade E’ in Use of English or Literature in English in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or; A college diploma (except major in Chinese Language stream) or above awarded in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country;
- At least 1 year of experience in airport or airline operations (not applicable to Assistant Officer, Operations Control);
- Good command of both spoken and written Chinese, knowledge of Putonghua is preferred but not essential;
- Willing to work shift duties with early start and/or late finish (including overnight shift).
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend