General Manager, China
Job no: 496878
Work type: Full time
Location: China (Shenzhen)
Department: CEO Office
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Create and implement the overall vision, strategy and business plans for the growth of the business in the Chinese Mainland;
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure that business priorities are met, that risks are successfully managed, and that the Chinese Mainland business remains strongly aligned with Head Office strategies and policies;
- Be the key representative of the airline in the Chinese Mainland, developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships to grow and protect the business;
- Partner with Head Office to grow the Chinese Mainland business, contributing to the growth of the low-cost carrier brand;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the overall Chinese Mainland strategy is aligned and coordinated with various Head Office teams;
- Provide advice to the leadership team and the Company on opportunities and threats, and initiate projects which address such opportunities and threats;
- Identify potential routes within the region in collaboration with the Corporate Planning team;
- Influence the company’s overall strategy with sound insight to industry trends and changes;
- Represent the airline externally to enhance local business development and operations, as well as building the airline’s brand in the region;
- Act as lead airline representative in the Chinese Mainland with key stakeholders, including industry counterparts, embassies, government bodies and trade associations, with the aim to develop the Company’s business development and operations in the Chinese Mainland;
- Deliver business results within the agreed parameters of costs, headcount and resource levels, establishing an agile business and operation model which allows the airline to grow rapidly in the Chinese Mainland;
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable Chinese Mainland laws and regulations include early identification and assessment of potential operational and reputational risks through active monitoring and engagement with Head Office;
- Work closely with the Head Office Procurement team to ensure optimised purchasing processes and outcomes;
- Develop and establish a clear understanding of route cost components and data analytics to facilitate smart business decisions;
- Establish effective and agile processes to build a culture of simplicity and agility which drives business and operational efficiencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree holder with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in airlines or related industries, of which at least eight years should be in a managerial position, preferably with experience in managing a fast-growing organisation in the Chinese Mainland;
- Sound knowledge of Chinese Mainland market practices;
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and execution, with the ability to drive results in a matrix environment;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive a high performance and influence culture, delivering outcomes with an analytical and metrics-oriented mindset;
- Exposure in working with online travel agencies and running online sales campaigns would be an advantage;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to work with people from various functions, background and levels.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task;
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills to deliver strategic business outcomes;
- Strong people skills and highly approachable personality to support the establishment of strong and meaningful relationships with colleagues, local representatives, business partners, and consumers;
- Sound understanding of technology and social media in the Chinese Mainland;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin) to clearly and concisely convey business messages;
- Fluency in Cantonese would be an advantage.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend