Engineer, Maintenance Control Support Group
Job no: 497413
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Assist Duty MCC Controller to monitor and control the fleet technical status, maintain continuous liaison with local & outstation maintenance service providers for on-going maintenance task arrangement;
- Perform aircraft defect troubleshooting and provide defect rectification solution plan. Provide on-site technical support MRO while TD / AOG to minimise operational disruption;
- Aware of any incident that results in emergency procedures and provides notification to all concerned parties according to the company requirements, arrange an immediate fleet-wide survey or inspection when necessary;
- Oversee deferred defect levels, ensure ADD/CADD/Repetitive Defect status for time compliance control;
- Effectively identify emerging fleet reliability issues and work closely with Technical Services to ensure effective timely mitigation and resolution are implemented;
- Co-operational with LM, MROs, service provider on any technical issue;
- On-site support require for any technical / maintenance activities.
- Monitor, forecast and coordinate the scheduling of AMS tasks within 7 days range maintenance requirements;
- Control & monitor the compliance of minor check (72 hours & 10 days);
- Assign workload; coordinate with LM & MRO’s on overnight work plan, ensuring scheduled maintenance optimizes station capacity and capabilities;
- Coordinate and communicate with LM and maintenance service provider on all operational changes affecting the maintenance plan, resolve conflicts between the maintenance and the daily operational schedules;
- Chair daily meeting with LM, MRO’s and planning on critical tasks and items of importance;
- Coordinate with internal, functional departments to ensure parts, material, tooling and manpower are available for the work to be scheduled;
- Ensure all the assigned jobs are completed as the planned schedule and documents are signed off correctly with data update.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in aircraft maintenance
- A Degree / Diploma holder in Engineering discipline and / or a qualification that demonstrates suitable experience in aircraft maintenance;
- Possess valid Hong Kong CAD license or ICAO type 2 license;
- Work well under pressure with and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external parties;
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin;
- Willingness to work in variable shift duty and adapt to varying working conditions;
- Basic computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office programs;
- Potential candidate without relevant license would be considered as Assistant Engineer.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend