Supervisor, Operations Control
Job no: 497362
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong SAR
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Ensure operational control of company flights complies with regulatory requirements and Company standards;
- Ensure safety and security in the Company operations;
- Provide general flight watch coverage;
- Furnish flight crew with all latest information available and necessary for safe conduct of flight during flight progress via ACARS;
- Lead FOCC to maintain schedule integrity;
- Manage day-of-operations service irregularities and disruptions;
- Maintain close liaison with internal departments and sections, balance demands of parties and cost and initiate appropriate action plans to resolve problems affecting schedule integrity, enhance on-time-performance and meet maintenance requirements;
- Coordinate operational decisions during FOCC control window;
- Activate, direct and coordinate corresponding response procedures and emergency notifications for security and/or safety events as stipulated in the Aircraft Operator Security Programme and Crisis Management Manual;
- Identify and analyze all potential issues for day-of-operation and the subsequent 2 days of flight schedules and propose corrective actions;
- Manage and update changes to published schedule into electronic operations control system;
- Publish aircraft deployment plans and changes in a timely manner;
- Compile management reports;
- Provide necessary guidance and supervision to Officers on duty;
- Maintain own competence in the role of DMFOCC and DOFOCC;
- Deputize DOFOCC where required or in DOFOCC’s absence;
- Participate in Operations Control projects where required;
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by superiors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Secondary educated;
- Met the English Language proficiency requirements of:
- ‘Level 3’ or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or;
- ‘Grade E’ in Use of English or Literature in English in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or;
- A college diploma (except major in Chinese Language stream) or above awarded in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country;
- At least 3 years' experience in aircraft operational control or flight planning/dispatch duties;
- Has satisfactorily completed a formal training course as a flight operations officer or flight dispatcher;
- Good command of both spoken and written Chinese, knowledge of Putonghua is preferred but not essential;
- Broad knowledge in electronic flight planning system;
- Willing to work shift duties with early start and/or late finish (including overnight shift).
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend