Assistant Manager, Quality Management System
Job no: 497197
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Safety and Risk Management
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining and enhancing the HKE Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Review and provide recommendations on improving QMS performance and effectiveness.
- Manage the master audit plan to ensure audits are conducted in the planned month.
- Maintain an oversight of each departmental annual audit plan for efficiency, compliance and in conformance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Review and verify the audit are properly completed by the departmental Quality Assurance and Safety Teams in accordance with the requirements.
- Preparing checklists and conducting audit to determine compliance stance of regulatory requirements and HKE's standards, and conducting follow up actions until closure is successfully achieved.
- Verify the effectiveness of root cause analysis and action taken for finding raising from the Quality Assurance Programme.
- Assist in producing, analyzing and tracking performance trends arising from, the Quality Assurance Programme to identify area of improvement.
- Assist in managing and monitoring external audits conducted by third parties to ensure all follow up actions are closed timely.
- Initiate improvement and coordinate with responsible owners based on identified performance trends and discrepancy.
- Assist in arranging and scheduling the IOSA Internal Audit with relevant parties.
- Assist in assessing operational activities and conducting IOSA Internal Audit to ensure ongoing conformance with the relevant IOSA standards.
- Assist in conducting follow up activities with responsible owners to meet the timeline for IOSA registration.
- Assist in coordinating the IOSA Renewal Audit Project to ensure IOSA registration is renewed.
- Assist in ensuring and verifying the external service providers are being monitored and audited by the relevant operational section.
- Facilitate and coordinate with the Operations Department for the Quality Inspection Programme.
- Assist in reviewing and updating Internal Auditor Training and QMS Awareness Training materials.
- Assist in formulating documentation management and control requirements as well as coordinating with stakeholders to ensure controlled documents and vital records are managed and controlled.
- Ensure the standardization of the use of the electronic database and share point.
- Conduct periodically internal QMS related training and evaluate Internal Auditors.
- Maintain the auditor database to ensure the auditors’ recencies before assigning the audits.
- Develop the direct reporting staff with necessary skills and competence performing QMS related tasks.
- Complete special or ad hoc tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary qualification, bachelor’s degree holder in aviation related subject, quality management or equivalent preferable.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant aviation work experience, preferable in implementing management system role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in auditing or regulatory monitoring.
- Formally trained in QMS Internal Auditor or Aviation Internal Auditor, Lead Auditor preferred.
- Formally trained to conduct IOSA Internal Audit preferred.
- Strong knowledge in aviation industry, QMS and IOSA.
- Familiarity with CAD360 Part 1 Operations Quality System requirements and IOSA program and requirements.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Good computer literacy - Microsoft Office.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend