Job no: 497139
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
We're looking for a MCC Controller to join our Maintenance Control Support Group. You will:
- Be duty-in-charge of Maintenance Control Centre (MCC) in day to day operations to supervise and ensure the efficiency of maintenance operations to provide high quality technical support in HKG base and overseas line stations;
- Supervise a team and allocate of work in the shift according to the work program and staff qualification requirements;
- liaise with Flight Operation in providing continuous reports of general technical status of all aircraft fleets;
- Coordinate with related parties during irregular operations or aircraft rotation in case of specific maintenance requirements in an effort to minimize costs and disruptions.
- Monitor and control for all information dissemination from MCC;
- Initiate and organize AOG support, including manpower, tools and spare parts arrangement;
- Guide and advise personnel during troubleshooting and while performing maintenance issue in critical defect / AOG / TD handling;
- Monitor TD/AOG and cross check the details with the Operation Department in the shift and provide a summary report;
- Initiate and coordinate with related division / departments / MRO to arrange emergency team for AOG rescue and aircraft recovery;
- Monitor all aircrafts undergoing checks and provide up-to-date aircraft status;
- Be responsive for any incident that results in emergency procedures and provides notification to all concerned parties according to the company requirements;
- Be aware for any hazard condition in all aircrafts and initiate an immediate fleet wide survey or inspection when necessary;
- Provide solution to aircraft defect findings in the area of activity for maintenance control from independent quality audits and take prompt action to assign particular engineer to follow up the major or critical defects in time;
- Monitor ADD status for time compliance control;
- Prepare Daily Maintenance Report to M&E Management;
- Maintain an effective MCC shift handover log;
- Establish good co-operational relationship with LM, MROs and service providers;
- Perform in variable shift duties and carry out any other ad-hoc tasks as per assigned by superiors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or above qualification in aircraft engineering or any related discipline and / or a qualification that demonstrates suitable experience in aircraft maintenance;
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience in aircraft maintenance;
- Possess valid Hong Kong CAD license or ICAO type 2 license Equivalent;
- Maintenance Control experience and familiarize of using technical manuals;
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety;
- Knowledge of HKAR governing aircraft certification and maintenance;
- Excellent decision-making skills and work well under pressure and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external parties;
- Good command of written and spoken English & Chinese;
- Willingness to work in variable shift duty and adapt to varying working conditions.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend