Quality Assurance Engineer
Job no: 497127
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
Assist Manager, QA to develop and maintain HKE M&E quality system to fulfill HKCAD authority’s requirements, IOSA and HKE internal requirements as well as performing aircraft monitoring, survey and seek the improvement in the QMS to support M&E departmental KPI target (Compliance, aircraft Continue Airworthiness, Safety, OTP, services level) achievement.
- Liaise with HKCAD and coordinate with HKCAD for CAD regular meeting;
- Carry out regulation compliance monitoring and ensure any new / changed regulation or requirements being complied in a timely manner;
- Conduct HKE M&E quality system routine review and improvement and consolidate in the HKE manual, conducts all HKE manual amendment review and recommend for final approval;
- Organize engineering manual/procedure compliance/interface review before approved; Amend MME and submit to CAD for approval;
- Routine procedure review, focus on plan, control, check and interface with other division/ Department related to AOC and HKAR operation compliance, standard build up and improvement;
- Responsible for QC forms review, improvement and control;
- Develop and maintain M&E authorization system and is responsible for authorization stamp management;
- Assist MQA for staff’s initial/recurrent assessment/interview and approval;
- Responsible for AMS variation / Maintenance Extension (internal) approval/application, monitoring and follow-up;
- Handle and carry out submission application of HKCAD related matter such as Variation/Exemption application;
- Handle One-off authorization issuance / Article 11 issuance and report to CAD;
- Responsible for subcontractor and suppliers management; Carry out suppliers approval evaluation and maintain the approved supplier lists;
- Carry out assigned BM / FTM and ITM audit;
- Perform service provider's oversight to ensure their quality performances are able to meet HKE's required standard / SLA;
- Carry out airworthiness compliance monitoring for fulfilling local authority requirements;
- Carry out AD compliance monitoring and periodic review; Follow up all HKCAD comments and suggestions on AD compliance issue;
- Prepare CMR package and carry out CMR package pre-review for C of A renewal application;
- Carry out aircraft lease/return bridge check monitoring and project assistance;
- Monitor and develop quality control system, and be responsible for final performances of quality control team;
- Develop aircraft surveillance program and perform oversight and monitoring the surveillance program;
- Carry out Quality control (surveyor) development and tasks arrangement;
- Conduct QDR investigation and its follow-up (related to aircraft compliance) and provide quality improvement suggestions;
- Conduct aircraft maintenance surveillance for heavy maintenance check (C check), lesser check such as 72 hours check, weekly check, A check and ramp surveillance;
- Conduct regular surveillance on HKAR-145 operation when necessary;
- Conduct aircraft C of A compliance survey, when necessary, to assist for CMR preparation and C of A renewal application;
- Carry out AD implementation verification and control assistance;
- Carry out spare incoming inspection when needed during A/C check at MRO facility;
- Responsible for spare re-certification monitoring;
- Monitor and develop FTM quality control system, conduct FTM-related function audit and operation survey;
- Participate in FTM-related meetings as monitoring function, such as reliability meeting, AMS review meeting, FTM-related MOR meeting, and aircraft introduction and return meeting;
- Coordinate with M&E divisions in AD control and chair the monthly AD meeting;
- Perform other tasks assigned by MQA / AMQA;
- Peform the routine job / tasks within the QA division, and assist different QA teams to perform the ad-hoc duties.
The Ideal Candidate
- Diploma or above qualification in aircraft engineering or any related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience in aircraft engineering experience; including 2 years QA working experience;
- Holder of HKCAD HKAR 66 B1.1 / B.2 / B2* License holder with Airbus A320 with appropriate Engine types;
- Completed Auditor training course or equivalent;
- Possess technical knowledge and professional expertise in Quality Assurance and Continued Airworthiness Monitoring;
- Possess good planning and execution ability to accomplish his/her daily activities / assigned tasks independently;
- Good at communication and coordination skill;
- Potential candidate with more experience (at least 7 years of experience including 4 years of QA work experience) will be considered as Senior Engineer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend