Assistant Manager, Ground Operations Commercial
Job no: 496847
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Assist the manager in supplier sourcing projects
- Review ground operation related contracts and negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best value is achieved for the company
- Conduct supplier assessment and evaluation in accordance with business needs
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for new stations setup
- Prepare annual cost budget and carry out analysis to support cost management
- Identify and drive saving opportunities in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Perform other relevant duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by management
- Overseas travel is required
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate or equivalent
- At least 6 years’ work experience in a relevant role
- Knowledge of aviation and/or ground operations is an advantage
- Knowledge of IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement is an advantage
- Strong negotiation, communication and analytical skills with proven track record in contract management and procurement
- Sensitive to numbers and attentive to details
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Cost conscious mindset
- Project management skills
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in our premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend