Line Maintenance Engineer
Job no: 497126
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Perform aircraft maintenance certification and defect rectification;
- Supervise a mechanic team and allocate of work according to the daily work assignment;
- Ensure all maintenance works on aircraft, engine, component and equipment are recorded and carried out properly in the shift;
- Record defect findings with proper action handling and rectification;
- Ensure work performed in accordance with an approved maintenance data;
- Ensure all maintenance works are performed by using an approved material; Provide training to mechanic for aircraft maintenance expertise enhancement
- Assist engineer team leader to monitor and coordinate with MRO in controlling the aircraft fleet technical status; Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned, including AOG spare part inspection and receiving, riding engineer duty, outstation duty and heavy maintenance check on-site support;
- Assist MCC to establish the fleet aircraft’s defect data base record;
- Establish good co-operational relationship with MROs, service provider and agents;
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or above qualification in aircraft engineering and/or a qualification that demonstrates suitable experience in aircraft maintenance;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in airlines M&E / MRO or holding a HKCAD accepted aircraft maintenance license;
- A320 series aircraft maintenance certification experience;
- Valid aircraft maintenance basic license(s) holder (HKAR, FAA, EASA, CCAR, etc.);
- Familiarize of using technical manual;
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety;
- Willingness to work in variable shift duty;
- Good command of written and spoken English & Chinese.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend