Engineer, Maintenance Control Support Group
Job no: 496855
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
The Maintenance Control Support Engineer is a key role in the maintenance team that requires high technical experience and good problem-solving techniques. The shift duty works closely with MOR to monitor the aircraft status effectively at the front end. This role also supports the MCC operation by providing technical advisory on-site, controlling the technical defect rate, and ensuring the compliance of the assigned tasks, including but not limited to the minor check.
- Assist Duty MCC Controller to monitor and control the fleet technical status, maintain continuous liaison with local & outstation maintenance service providers for ongoing maintenance task arrangement;
- Perform aircraft defect troubleshooting and provide defect rectification solution plan. Provide on-site technical support to MRO while TD / AOG to minimize operational disruption;
- Aware of any incident that results in emergency procedures and provides notification to all concerned parties according to the company requirements, arranges an immediate fleet-wide survey or inspection when necessary;
- Oversee deferred defect levels, ensure ADD/CADD/Repetitive Defect status for time compliance control;
- Control & monitor the compliance of minor checks (Weekly & Daily Check);
- Arrange, monitor, and prepare Daily Tail Work Assignment;
- Effectively identify emerging fleet reliability issues and work closely with Technical Services to ensure effective timely mitigation and resolution are implemented;
- Establish the fleet aircraft’s defect database, ensure the Maintenance Information System data is up to date;
- Establish a good co-operational relationship with LM, MROs, service providers and agents.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in aircraft maintenance with a minimum of 5 years of related experience;
- A Degree holder in Engineering or related discipline and/or a qualification that demonstrates suitable experience in aircraft maintenance;
- Possess valid Hong Kong CAD license or ICAO type 2 license Equivalent;
- Work well under pressure with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external parties;
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin;
- Willingness to work in variable shift duty and adapt to varying working conditions;
- Basic computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in Cathay House and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend