Assistant Manager, Ground Operations Commercial
Job no: 496847
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
HK Express is Hong Kong’s first and only low-cost carrier, always offering great value, affordable fares on one of the youngest and most modern aircraft fleets in the world.
Like you, and just like many people across Asia, we love to travel and discover new places across the world’s most diverse and dynamic region; and at HK Express, we’re opening up new travel experiences that inspire and invigorate millions of people across the region we’re proud to call home. Everything we do is focused on encouraging the spirit of adventure. Our routes provide the inspiration and spontaneity to try somewhere new, disrupting monotonous modern life. As we continue to open up new routes, often in secondary and emerging destinations, our passengers will gain access to an incredible range of places, exploring hidden gems and experiencing local cultures.
We have a diverse and vibrant team that embodies the adventurous spirit of our customers, and loves to travel too. Join us in this journey to make your career even more fulfilling and rewarding.
- Review airport, security, systems related (e.g. SITA/ARINC/TravelSky) and ground handling contracts to ensure necessary service requirements are in place and T&Cs are in compliance with the Procurement Policy
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders on supplier selection for new port setup and/or GHA change
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the best value for the company
- Perform pre-assessment and risk assessment
- Participate in the preparation of the ground handling cost budget
- Conduct analysis to support cost management and monitoring
- Monitor spending payment process to ensure accurate and on time payment
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as required
- Overseas travel is required.
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a relevant role
- Knowledge of airport and/or ground operations is a must
- Knowledge of IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement is an advantage
- Strong negotiation, communication and analytical skills with proven track record in performing market analysis and cost evaluation
- Sensitive to numbers and attentive to details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all HK Express employees and contractors who work in our premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
Your Future Work Life
- Fly anywhere we fly for free with your friends and family to explore the world
- Hybrid working with flexibility in workplace and working hours to foster work-life harmony
- Open office to collaborate, connect and share great ideas
- Energetic and multicultural teammates from up to 50 nationalities!
- Company-organized shuttle buses connecting the workplace with major locations in the HK Island, Kowloon and N.T.
Apply now to make YOUR MOVE!
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend