Assistant Manager, Safety Management Systems
Job no: 496706
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Quality, Safety & Security
DEAR TALENT, YOUR MOVE!
Being the new rising airline since 2013, we are the Hong Kong’s only Low Cost Carrier (LCC) offering you safe and flexible service options to Hong Kong and beyond.
We’re on a mission to inspire you to be different, to shake things up, to inspire the spirit of adventure by bringing you to fascinating destinations that few others serve.
Spread your wings and fly with us!
What you’ll do?
We're looking for an Assistant Manager, Safety Management Systems to join our Quality, Safety and Security Team. You will:
- Maintain close liaison with Operations Department on the day-to-day activities of the SMS.
- Assist the section head to manage the processing of safety reports submitted to Quality, Safety & Security Department.
- Supervise the submission of Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs) to HKCAD in accordance with CAD382 requirements and company’s procedures.
- Conduct safety investigation of events affecting flight safety. Produce investigation report to highlight deficiencies in the system, make recommendations and communicate learnings to applicable business units to prevent recurrence.
- Collaborate with Manager, Flight Data Program (MFDP) to ensure flight data analysis is performed when required for investigation of safety events.
- Follow up with business units to ensure events affecting ground operations and airworthiness are investigated and appropriate risk mitigation measures are implemented to reduce the risks identified.
- Track the recommendations and/or corrective actions arising from investigations or assessments. Ensure they are implemented or closed in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor and maintain the effectiveness and functionality of company’s electronic safety reporting system and safety database.
- Assist the section head in the maintenance and development of the company’s safety performance monitoring, data analytics and safety information systems.
- Produce data and relevant information for monthly Quality, Safety and Security Action Group (QSSAG) meeting and MOR Review Meeting.
- Analyse safety data to identify issues and trends. Produce reports for Business Units to highlight the system deficiency.
- Monitor the actions arising from QSSAG, and ensure they are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support the implementation of Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) program.
- Manage the production and dissemination of safety promotion material.
- Coordinate safety promotion activities through collaboration with Operations Department.
- Prepare training material and conduct SMS related trainings to company employees.
- Support the section head in maintaining the currency and relevance of the Safety Management System Manual by proposing and drafting amendments.
- Participate in IOSA program as and when directed by the section head.
- Conduct or facilitate safety risk assessment as required.
- Manage the development of SSMS-AS, SSMS-CS and SSMS-GS.
- Handle ad-hoc projects assigned by superior.
We are a perfect match, if you have:
- A degree in Aviation Management, Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the aviation industry, preferably in safety management role, including 2 years of appropriate supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Prior experience in conducting flight safety investigation.
- Aviation safety investigation qualification or equivalent experience.
- IATA SMS course or equivalent qualification.
- Good knowledge in airline operations, particularly in flight operations and cabin operations.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in Safety Management System.
- Good command of spoken and written English, knowledge in Chinese is an added advantage.
Your Future Work Life?
- Work flexibly with staggered working hours and flexible workplace
- Dress Casual and Smart everyday
- Work in a newly-designed office with open seating, stylish breakout areas, game room, gym and free coffee…
- Work with a group of energetic and multicultural professionals (up to 50 nationalities!)
- Have great fun in Snack Friday, New Year Market, Fly with your Kids Day, Basketball Team…
- Have your voice heard through Townhalls, Crew forums, CEO live sessions etc
What you’ll enjoy?
- Fly anywhere we fly for free plus taxes during leisure with your friends and family
- Special privileges to buy duty free products
You will be inspired by our core values.
You will be inspired by our vibrant, efficient and entrepreneurial spirit. Join our fun, collaborative and reliable team to ignite your dream!
Interested? It’s time to have YOUR MOVE!
If you're ready to embark your adventure, start by clicking the ‘Apply now’ and get on the plane to fly with HK Express!
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend