Manager, Data Science & Insights
Job no: 496689
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: IT and Digital
DEAR TALENT, YOUR MOVE!
Being the new rising airline since 2013, we are the Hong Kong’s only Low Cost Carrier (LCC) offering you safe and flexible service options to Hong Kong and beyond.
We’re on a mission to inspire you to be different, to shake things up, to inspire the spirit of adventure by bringing you to fascinating destinations that few others serve.
Spread your wings and fly with us!
What will you do?
- Lead the identification, across the entire business, of opportunities to apply data science and analytics to drive improvements;
- Build a network of collaborators different Business Units;
- Act as an expert consultant in data science; engage business units to identify and structure problems to be solved;
- Develop the data science practice within the company;
- Design and implement end-to-end data science applications and workflows to address such problems;
- Lead a team of Data Engineer and Data Analytics to identify data requirements and implement the data integration into a suitable data layer (e.g., Google Cloud);
- Deploy applications to production and ensure their ongoing maintenance;
- Coordinate the prioritization and migration plan of company-wide data sources into Google Cloud;
- Develop visualizations (reports, dashboards, and metrics) to support company objectives and to enable better business decisions;
- Drive strategic recommendations across the business to improve data strategy, analytics, and insights topics;
- Assist in expansion and development of Insights team, finding internal and external partners to support long-term business objectives;
- Design data model to support single view for data analytics;
- Ensure the company’s data strategy (including data quality, security and governance) is implemented across all initiatives;
- Explore new technology from experimentation to implementation in a scalable framework.
We are a perfect match, if you are:
- A bachelor’s degree holder or above in a numerical discipline (Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Analytics, Math, Operations Research, or similar);
- Has a deep understanding of data science philosophy, applications and methods: machine learning, linear/logistic regression, trees, text analytics, mathematical programming;
- Proven experience in developing data science solutions (industry, academic, bootcamps, Kaggle) and deploying into production;
- Experience with GCP stack: BigQuery, Tensorflow, Cloud Dataflow;
- Experience with data visualization and presentation tools and best practices: Tableau, PowerBI, Datastudio;
- Familiar with Computer Languages such as SQL; any of Python, R, Java;
- With at least 6 years of working experience, in which 2 years’ solid experience in a data analytics-related role;
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders in all functions and at all levels.
Your Future Work Life?
- Work flexibly with staggered working hours and flexible workplace
- Dress Casual and Smart everyday
- Work in a newly-designed office with open seating, stylish breakout areas, game room, gym and free coffee…
- Work with a group of energetic and multicultural professionals (up to 50 nationalities!)
- Have great fun in Snack Friday, New Year Market, Fly with your Kids Day, Basketball Team…
- Have your voice heard through Townhalls, Crew forums, CEO live sessions etc.
What will you enjoy?
- Fly anywhere we fly for free plus taxes during leisure with your friends and family
- Special privileges to buy duty free products
- Career Express
You will be inspired by our core values.
You will be inspired by our vibrant, efficient and entrepreneurial spirit. Join our fun, collaborative and reliable team to ignite your dream!
Interested? It’s time to have YOUR MOVE!
If you're ready to embark your adventure, start by clicking the ‘Apply now’ and get on the plane to fly with HK Express!
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend