Assistant Manager, Safety Management Systems (Air Safety)
Job no: 496369
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Department: Quality, Safety & Security
Main purpose of the Job:
Support the Manager, Safety Management Systems with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Safety Management Systems (SMS) in flight and cabin operations.
Directly responsible to:
- Manager, Safety Management System (MSMS)
Directly responsible for:
- Supervisor, Safety Management Systems (Air Safety)
- Officer, Safety Management Systems (Air Safety)
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for routine review and processing of safety reports submitted to Quality, Safety & Security Department.
- Responsible for conducting investigations (in conjunction with the FOQA specialist) into accidents, incidents and/or irregularities affecting the safety of operations. Conduct investigation interviews and debriefing accordingly to include the use of FOQA data. Produce investigation reports and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Support the MSMS in managing the day-to-day activities of the Safety Management Systems in flight and cabin operations.
- Assist MSMS in the maintenance and development of the electronic safety reporting system.
- Support the MSMS in maintaining the currency and relevance of the Safety Management System Manual by proposing and drafting amendments.
- Conduct inspections / surveys / assessment / analysis as and when directed by the MSMS and produce reports to ascertain operational safety is achieved.
- Communicate and interface with appropriate departments to track the safety actions arising from investigations / Safety Action Group (SAG) / routine safety assessments and ensure they are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for production and dissemination of safety promotion material through company intranet, notice board, newsletter and any other suitable media.
- Assist the MSMS in conducting SMS related trainings and briefings to company employees.
- Participate in IOSA program as and when directed by the MSMS.
- Participate in various safety meetings and provide administrative support as required.
- Assist in performing safety risk assessment and change management as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in the airline industry, preferably in flight or cabin operations.
- Aviation safety investigation qualification or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Safety Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical, aviation or engineering discipline.
- Flying experience desirable.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven command of spoken and written English. Knowledge in Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua) is an added advantage.
- Good computer literacy.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend